Wednesday, July 6, 2011

End Day 1 and Day 2










Holy cow!  After lunch (Tilapia Fish Tacos, Asian Slaw, Arugula & Chick Pea Salad & Fruit) that 1st Day on Monday, we had our 1st lecture on Staying Positive and not focusing on anything negative.  Then we were off to a local park.  Did alternating sets of strength and endurance exercises with bands and walking up and down this huge hill!  Of course my heart rate is the highest one at this point (we have to train it to be lower) at a resting one of 95, which is high in general.  So to stay at 130, target rate, I have to keep stopping when I start uphill, so I always come in last on those, but ole well!  At least I'm finishing them!  Once we did this rotation of bands/hills 3 times, then we moved on to what they call "Kick Backs" area of park: I call it the "Kick Butt" area of the park!  It was this winding concrete area that was very steep in most areas.  So we had to walk up and down that as many times as possible in 30 minutes.  I was a little nauseated after that, but realized it was because I wasn't breathing properly in and out!  Good grief!  Then we stretched and had our snack (banana & baby bell low fat cheese wheel) and headed back to the hotel for the evening, since it was a holiday for the 4th!  Thank the Lord!  We had dinner in our room (black been veggie burger with carrots and a nectarine-loved the burger, never had one) and to ice our knees from the hills, 20 minutes on/20 minutes off.  I had my snack (pop chips), wrote in my journal and went to bed!  I burned a whopping 2,632 calories that day.  Since we consume only about 1400 on average, that was awesome!

Yesterday for day 2, we started out at 7 a.m. with our same breakfast pretty much.  Then off to Gold's for our 3 hour workout.  Then we went to Paradise Bakery and Cafe (much like our Panera) to learn about ordering off the menu.  Had a berry salad with grilled chicken and sandwich on sourdough with ham & swiss, each 1/2.  Yum!  We subbed our cookie for a fruit cup!  Then came the outdoor hike!  Ugh!  I actually climed a mountain!  That's what many of the pics are from: the view we had (1 of our trainers, Serena, is in a pic with me)!  Amazing!  My heart rate is so high as I go uphill, I had to keep stopping to rest everytime it got over 130ish, which was a lot going up!  But ole well again, I made it!  Had our snack or protein bar and a pear, then headed back for a few minutes rest before we did the "Foam Therapy Class".  Hated that: it's a big foam roll that you use to massage out your muscles that we are overworking.  Hurts like you know what!  Then it was time for dinner at the hotel buffet: chose salad with chicken on it, hummus (which I love now), salsa and wafer crackers with other raw veggies and fruit.  Ate really fast so we could get to the gym for our water aerobics class.  That was fun.  Even used water foam weights for amazing resistance!  Got back just in time for a quick shower and then my massage!  Yeah!  Anna was awesome.  They set up in your room and everything!  Then pop chips snack and bed finally after my journal entry!  Burned 4,283 calories this time!  Whoo Hoo!

3 comments:

  1. Kim - it sounds a lot like Hell but looks much more beautiful. Hang in there and keep working hard! You are an inspiration. Stay positive and keep making it to the top of those mountains! We know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim- I know it is difficult but you are making such great strides by walking up that mountain. Just remember the outcome that you are walking towards and it will give you lots of inspiration to keep going. Enjoy those massages girl!! I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you for doing this. Your day sounds grueling, but the place looks beautiful. Hopefully the scenery, companionship, and massages will help get you through the hard parts. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete