Sunday, July 24, 2011

Days 19 & 20

Day 19: It was finally Friday, so even the same breakfast buffet was ok!  Ha!  Then we were off to the gym for a new thing.  No 5K this week.  We did a circuit 3 separate times that day with 3 different trainers for an hour each.  They kicked our butts!  First I started with my group of Alicia, Rae and Lance with Desiree.  She was legs.  She kept sneaking up and adding weight on me!  :)  We were using the "big boy weights" upstairs at the gym where all the muscle guys and girls work out.  They want us to not be afraid of those machines when we get back home.  I have to admit, I would never have used them if we hadn't seen how simple they are to change, etc. by doing this.  Once we finished with Desiree and legs, we moved on to did an arm circuit with Courtney.  That was upstairs too with the free weights.  Killer!  Then we came back for our outdoor healthy BBQ.  We had beef (extra lean of course) burgers.  Yum!  There was a bulgar wheat dish with them that I didn't care too much for, but it was ok.  The watermelon was yum and so were the veggies.  I had my one-on-one with Desiree right after lunch.  We talked about a realistic plan for exercise when I get home.  I am shooting for 5 days out of 7 with at least 1 1/2 hours of work each time to keep losing.  So basically I'll shoot for M-F mornings at from 5:30-7 a.m., with 1 hour of cardio and 1/2 hour of other things like strength training, weights, endurance, etc.  Of course I'll have mom's pool in the evenings till it gets too cool.  (Can't wait to get some of the pool weights: they are amazing at working your arms.  To look at them with their styrofoam base, you would laugh, but use them and you won't laugh anymore!  Ha!)  So that will help a little too!  Then we went back to the gym for the 3rd leg of our circuit with Jamyn and cardio/abs.  This one was the hardest for me, b/c cardio wears me out much faster than weight training.  We did jumping jacks, step ups, etc. all mixed with core things like sit ups, ab crunches, etc.  Dinner wasn't too yummy tonight: it was a Spanish style Whole Wheat Pita with olives that I still don't like-and yes, I tried them again., but I liked the white beans and tuna inside.  We also had cinnamon apples raw and cauliflower/butternut squash mix that was good & a sugar free tempatations chocolate mousse cup.  We all sat out on the patio and talked for a while as usual, then came in for my pop chips and bed!  Burned 2,300 calories...

Day 20: After breakfast we headed to a more advanced hike at Bell's Canyon, where we used walking sticks to help out!  Check it out below in pics.  This one was tough, with more uphill and lots of rocks to navigate.  The stick really helped a lot!  I made it to the lake, which was beautiful (see below) with Teresa and Rae.  Then we walked on to the bridge.  Only a small group made it to the waterfall at the top due to time constraints.  But I was quite proud of making it to where I did!  :)  Who would have ever thought I would be hiking around rocks and stuff!  It certainly wasn't me!  Now I guess I don't have any excuses for not hiking at home when I get invited like in the past!  :)  Eve (Austan's wife) is in labor, so since she cooks for us on the weekends when their chef, Rebecca, is off, we were off to Rumbi's for lunch (our favorite)!  I had my chicken and shrimp with brown rice & a caesar salad with the dressing on the side again like last time.  It was delicious again of course.  What a nice extra treat!  Then we returned for Serena and Jamyn with water aerobics in the pool.  Felt much nicer today than the last time I did it!  Hung out at the pool to get a little bit more sun on my legs.  Later we found out Eve and Austan had their baby girl and all are doing well.  So Desiree picked up dinner for us from the Super Target: build your own sandwiches with deli chicken that was very good, veggies and fruit.  We all lounged on the patio and talked, then headed off to my pop chips and early bedtime!  Burned 1,778 calories...







This one above was looking over the edge from the picture above it!  Steep!



No comments:

Post a Comment