Thursday, July 21, 2011

Days 17 & 18

So the end of last Tuesday was pretty uneventful.  Just did water aerobics with the girl we had the first time when we arrived.  She was much better this time!  Then it was home for my usual pop chips and bed!  Burned 2,852 calories...

Day 17:  Usual buffet breakfast, then off to the gym for a cardio, then did an intense ab workout with Jacque.  Holy Cow: I did 700 crunches in various styles (some on a machine but most on an ab bench)!  No, it is not a typo.  I really mean 700!  I was going to do part abs, part stair master again, but 1 of them was broken and the other was taken, so it was all abs!  I doubt I have done that many in my whole life total!  Then we went to a muscle works class, but it had been totally altered and it was terrible, so most people ended up leaving early and I power walked the gym for the last few minutes.  I even pulled a glute muscle doing these up and down style lunges, so that was fun to ice that night!  Lunch was very good: whole wheat pasta with baked chicken chunks, mixed with lots of veggies and then some fruit.  Austan talked about creating a workout plan for when we get home.  He reminded us about mixing all the different types of things like classes, cardio machines, weight lifting/machines, free weights, etc. to keep our muscles confused and to keep from getting bored!  Then Jacque talked about opening our "funtake valve" when we are focusing on our end goal with weight loss/fitness.  We have to be sure to enjoy what we are doing to be able to sustain it when we get home.  I never really thought of healthy eating and exercising as "fun" until now.  I am actually excited to get home and go to the grocery store for the first time (which should take hours: ha) and start a normal workout routine.  I feel great (tired of course right now), even though they work us to death, so I know I will really feel the benefits when I get home.  One other thing we talked about was developing our "Life Intelligence" that I thought was well worth sharing.  The basic steps are to allow experiences to unfold, trusting in your decisions and not needing approval from the crowd, seeking out the unfamiliar, practicing playfullness, surrendering control instead of micromanaging, and becoming a praticipant rather than a spectator.  I feel like this experience has truly helped me kick start my "life intelligence" development in all these ways.  He left us with this quote: "Tomorrow is too late.  Get out and live now, because you never know if you'll be here tomorrow."  Austan then took us to the gym to get us to try out every single machine in the gym for 10 reps each!  That way we could ask questions, read the muscle groups trained on the stickers, etc. so we could begin to formulate a plan for them at home.  Next we had flexibility and stretching class and then off to the dinner buffet.  And then came Zumba: where all the girls drool over Camillo.  Here's a pic of him and some of the girls after the class.   Anyway, back to the room for my pop chips and bed.  Burned 2,544 calories...



Day 18:  I couldn't take egg whites anymore!  So for breakfast I had 1/2 a whole wheat english muffin with some peanut butter, greek yogurt with fruit and turkey sausage.  Much better for a change.  Off to the gym for 2 cardio workouts.  1 was on the arc trainer, on which I used to feel like gumbie flailing around like I don't know what!  But now I love it.  However, cranking it up to 100 on the resistance is a little taxing!  Then we went upstairs for an ab workout: which went along perfectly with my 700 crunches I already did yesterday!  Ha!  Actually I wasn't nearly as sore as I expected: although quite sore enough.  The trainers said that was because my abs are already so strong from the last 1 1/2 weeks.  Thank goodness!  Lunch was delicious: one of my favorites that I already make at home, but with lots of extra veggies thrown in- turkey chili.  They even made homemade whole grain bread that was yummy with it.  And of course, fruit.  We went to Super Target again for a talk on carbs and the difference between the good and bad ones.  We need 6 servings of good carbs (whole grain breads, potatoes, corn, beans, air popped popcorn, etc.) in addition to our fruits and veggies which are also good carbs.  Didn't know that either: the 6 servings or that fruits & veggies are considered good carbs.  That's why we always have cheese and fruit (protein and a good carb) or protein bar and fruit (protein & a good carb again), etc. for snacks.  By this time my stomach was hurting for some odd reason.  So I chose water aerobics for my afternoon workout and it seemed to feel better.  But after that, I felt nauseated from the heat and sun of a 90 minute pool workout!  So I guess my body was just not happy with me.  I made myself eat dinner, even though it was not pleasant.  However, the coolest thing in the dining room: there was a group of NFL football players in there watching the annoucements about their strike on the big tv!  They said they were from different teams just vacationing till they get the word to come back to work.  HUGE guys!  I wanted to ask who they were and what teams, but they seemed a little too involved in watching the announcements to bug them.  Can't wait for my massage with Anna tonight!  Yippee!  Burned 2,786 calories...

No comments:

Post a Comment