Monday, July 4, 2011

Arrival & My First Day

It is absolutely beautiful here!  And I am loving the dry air: no humidity/mugginess and it was 100 degrees!  I will take some pictures later today and post them tomorrow.  Our hotel is a Hyatt and is very nice as well.  I arrived at my hotel room at 5:04 p.m. yesterday and had a note that dinner was at 5:30 downstairs!  (Had a broccoli salad with chicken and lots of veggies and a low cal slaw dressing-yes, for those of you who know me well-I actually ate it, believe it or not!  And it was yummy.  We also had strawberries & bananas in a yogurt sauce.  Yum!  So went to that, then the ones of us who are new (5 of the 12: everyone seems very nice so far) had orientation from 6-7:30.  The schedule is crazy, but there are lots of things on it I have always wanted to do: water aerobics, zumba, etc. 

So I woke up this morning and had my assessment that we do each Monday morning at 6:10 a.m.  This is where they did all the measurements, weigh in, all that fun stuff!  I got my polar heart rate monitor: straps around your sturnum area and then you wear a watch that is callibrated to it.  Then we had to be down to breakfast at 7.  That was good too.  We use the hotel's breakfast buffet for that.  Had a whole wheat bagel with Promise spread, egg whites with low-fat mozzarella cheese and salsa, Lite & Fit peach yogurt, fresh fruit and skim milk to drink!  We eat a lot at breakfast to get us going.

Then the torture began!  We drove to the gym and did our 2 morning routines.  The first was 20/20/20 minutes each on the treadmill, upright bike and elliptical.  Then we ate a snack (mine was a plum and a cheese stick) and did the other routine.  That one was ab work with crunches, then 15 minutes on the treadmill, then tricep work with lunges on the side of a bench, then 15 minutes on the bike, then more ab crunches, then 15 minutes on the elliptical!  Whew!  Then thankfully it was time to come back to our rooms for a break till 12:00!  So will be leaving for lunch soon.  We'll see what torture they have planned for us this afternoon!  Hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment