Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 11

So after lunch (a salad with poppy seed dressing and walnuts, tomatoes, etc. and Italian whole wheat flatbread, yogur parfait with blueberries & oats) on Day 10, we had a lecture with our Life Coach, Jacque.  He talked about overcoming immunity to change, emphasizing that we will change physically, but must also change mentally with food and exercise options and decisions.  We turned off the lights and actually meditated with music and his "singing bowl".  Very interested.  Never done that before.  Then came the outdoor workout in the park of climbing up a big grassy hill: torture!  We had to do it 5 x up and down!  The grass was breaking out my ankles and making them itch at 2x, so I had to switch to the concrete hill we had done the first week!  Whew!  Then we did some balance exercises that I really needed!  On to Flexibility & Stretching later, then our dinner which was on the patio for some reason: black bean salad with veggies & another black bean salad with coconut and mango and an ear of corn: yum!  Then off to Zumba with Camillo (all the ladies love him).  I still don't have the moves down, but I'm movin the whole time!  Ha!  Pop Chips and bed.  Burned 4,077 calories today...

Day 11: Breafast buffet (sick of that for sure), then on to the gym for cardio and a Power Pump class.  Then weights and balance/legs with Megan.  Smashed my fingers in 1 of the leg machines. Ouch! Iced those suckers!  Lunch with Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Fruit.  Very good.  Lecture with Austan on the importance of eating with the new food plate of 1/2 plate fruits & veggies, 1/4 plate lean protein and 1/4 plate good carbs/starches.  Went on to Target again for sodium talk.  We should only be getting 1500 grams sodium (2/3 teaspoon) each day.  We get 80% of our sodium from processed and restaurant foods, so this allows us a cushion from the federal guidelines of around 2300 grams actually.  Watch for reduced fat and fat free items, as the sodium is usually up from the original you can just eat in moderation!  They have to up it to make up for the preservatives and the tastelessness.  Later we did acuatics in the hotel pool, which was lots of fun, but it was 90 minutes and we could really feel it!  Whew!  Then I got to skip foam roll for my one-on-one with Jacque.  We talked about goals, plans, etc. for when we go home.  Dinner was the usual buffet, then did my own workout in our hotel gym (where the air is broken: sweat box must have lost me an extra few calories: hee) since I had to be back for my shower and a massage with Jose.  He was great too.  Worked on my lower back that's been bothering me a little since I came off my ibuprofen this week.  Time for Pop Chips and sleep!  Burned 3,787 calories today...

No comments:

Post a Comment