Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Week 4 at Home

August 22-28, 2011:  I was able to get my notebook from the fitness camp all scanned and saved into PDF versions for anyone who wants them.  Went to the gym 3 times this week in the morning before work and did water aerobics one afternoon in Mom's pool.  Then cleaned a huge house on Saturday for 2 1/2 hours, so that was a real workout!  Great exercise!  Tried one of our camp recipes from my notebook for Dave's birthday lunch at work.  It was a crock pot meal with chicken breasts, tons of veggies like peppers, onions, carrots, zucchini, squash, couscous, low-sodium chicken stock, salt (actually I used "No Salt Substitute") & pepper.  Yum!  Then we had whole grain rolls with it and a Weight Watcher's version of Plain Yellow Cake.  The cake is so easy: just open a box of cake mix and pour in 12 ounces of diet drink, mix and bake!  Super moist and super easy.  The calories will vary based on the brand, but the Kroger brand I used was 12 slices at 120 calories each.  I do chocolate ones sometimes with a dark colored diet drink too.  My meals this week were pretty simple.  For each breakfast I had 2 slices of turkey bacon (key is to get a good one like Butterball brand and to cook it till crispy), a fried egg in Pam on a slice of Wheat Sourdough Toast from Cracker Barrel with tomatoe.  For lunches I had my old standby of peanut butter & banana whole wheat tortillas with cucumber slices on the side.  For dinners I had Chicken Tacos (from my recipes at camp) on a whole wheat tortilla with 2% shredded mozzarella cheese & a little taco sauce with a side of veggies I just cut up and through in a tiny bit of olive oil with Mrs. Dash seasoning.  My snacks were cheese & fruit, almonds & fruit & of course pop chips dipped in a Laughing Cow french onion cheese wedge.  Tastes just like chips & dip!  Yum!  Time for the weigh in for the past 2 weeks: Lost 1/2 pound!  Boo-Hiss!  But to look at it in a positive light, at least I LOST!   

No comments:

Post a Comment