Monday, November 7, 2011

Weeks 10-15 at Home & Visit from Laila

October 3-November 13, 2011: Well, to be perfectly honest, can't say I have had a whole lot to talk about with the progress.  I have actually gone up and down since week 10 at home.  I think I just got sick of everything (food, exercise, you name it) and took a little emotional hiatus from it all!  :)  But I am back on track now, back in an exercise routine and back on track with food.  Found a great quote in a magazine I read:  "A set back is only a set up for a comeback."  Speaks for itself really...  And despite my set back of sorts, I am happier right now than I have ever been and feel ready to push forward with my goals!

Laila from the fitness camp came in from New York for a visit this past weekend.  She arrived on Saturday night around 7:30 p.m. in Lynchburg.  She took the train for a new experience!  We picked her up and took her to the Depot Grill for dinner.  It is a coverted train station and has wonderful food.  Even some healthy choices!  :)  Saturday we went sightseeing and to Cracker Barrell for lunch.  Took her to see several places, like the leaves on the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Mill Mountain Star, Downtown Roanoke and my office.  Nothing like what she sees everyday walking around in New York, but never-the-less nice for her to see!  Ha!  Check out our pics below.  You really do forget how beautiful our city is until you show it to someone else and really take it in.  Later Saturday night we made the stuffed peppers from our camp recipe book and I tried edamame for the first time.  Not in love with it, but I could learn to like it.  It is full of protein.  They look like tiny lima beans.  One tip though: don't buy the ones that are not pre-shelled.  The pods are inedible and it takes quite a bit of time to shell them: as Laila found out!  Ha!  After dinner, Dad started up the fire pit out on the deck and we roasted these gigantic marshmallows!  Yum!  Took Laila to the train station in Lynchburg this morning and headed to work.  We had a great time!







No comments:

Post a Comment